18 May, 2006

This little girl…
I hold out the picture,
Starring long and hard.
Who is this little girl in front of me?
She wears a little teasing smile,
With a twinkle in her eye.
Why is it that she’s so happy?
I wonder at what she must have done.
Her hair has a life of its own,
Sprouting from her tiny head.
And those little feet hang off the chair,
Hoping to one day touch the ground.
I can’t see it!
It can’t be!
How can this little girl be me?
Years have wiped the smirk off this face,
And time has faded the twinkle in those eyes.
The life has been sucked out of her hair,
And she has no reason to smile.
There is no more hope for her,
No more dreams,
No more wishes of what could have been.
This little girl lies dead inside of me,
As the world was not what it seemed.
©
18/5/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home